Divorce Representation That Is Designed To Meet Your Goals

Ending a marriage can be stressful and emotionally painful. The lawyer you select to represent you in divorce can have a great impact on how the process transpires. It is important to work with an attorney who is compassionate and who is focused on putting you in the best possible position to begin your post-divorce life.

At The Stiltner Law Firm, PLLC, founding attorney Gary W. Stiltner is committed to providing personalized legal counsel in divorce and all of the difficult decisions that must be made when two people end their marriage. The focus is always on your priorities, whether that is creating a child custody and parenting plan that achieves your objectives or ensuring that your rights are protected in financial matters such as the division of marital property and support issues.

Mr. Stiltner brings extensive experience and thorough knowledge of North Carolina family law statutes to every case. While there are similarities in most divorces, Gary understands that each client has unique circumstances and goals. He will take the time to understand your objectives, answer your questions and explain all of your options in every aspect of your divorce.

We Pursue The Best Interests Of Our Clients

Mr. Stiltner’s experience means he is able to handle even the most complex divorce issues, such as dividing extensive and varied assets, or resolving custody disputes. His creativity in finding ways to resolve even the most contested issues allows him to frequently reach a solution without the need to litigate. This provides his clients more control over the outcome and typically reduces legal fees. At the same time, Mr. Stiltner is an accomplished trial lawyer who is always prepared to go to court on behalf of a client if a fair agreement cannot be reached through negotiation or arbitration.

Modifications Can Help Meet Life’s Changes

Because life continues to change following divorce, some agreements that worked initially may need to be modified. If you are struggling with a divorce decree that no longer suits your needs, we can assist in petitioning the court for a modification. You may need to change the amount of child support that is paid monthly, or rework a parenting plan to suit changes in a parent’s or child’s situation.

In addition, some agreements or court orders are simply not followed by a former spouse. We help with the enforcement of court orders by taking necessary steps to file an action of contempt. If you are in a position where you realize that you will be unable to follow the terms of a court order, we can assist you in seeking a change in terms.

Schedule A Consultation Today

We welcome the opportunity to review your family law matter and recommend a course of action. Call 828-600-7383 or use our online contact form to schedule a consultation. We serve clients throughout Catawba, Burke and Caldwell counties from our office in Hickory.